Friday, June 12, 2009

The Fleur De Lis, Foster, and Regret

Three excellent graded stakes races comprise the last pick three at Churchill Downs on Saturday. The Grade 2 Fleur De Lis, the Grade 1 Stephen Foster, and the Grade 3 Regret are well worth a look and after examining each of the races, there will be a Pick Three play as well.

CD Race 9- The Fleur Di Lis- I am going to go five deep in this opening leg of the final pick three. I think the likely winner is #9 Kiss With A Twist, who ran 2nd in a Grade 3 at Arlington last time out on May 23. In her last six, she won three and made the money in the other three. I will also include #2 Distinctive Dixie, #3 Miss Isella, #6 Temple Street, and #8 Swift Temper in the overall pick three play.

CD Race 10- The Stephen Foster- I think it is entirely possible that #3 Einstein could get beat on Saturday. However, for the sake of the pick three situation, I am going to single him here since each of those horses I can see topping him have flaws. Also, I intend to go five-deep in the last leg also, so you have to save somewhere and why not do that with maybe the best horse in training right now.

CD Race 11- The Regret- Another five-deep escapade here, but I kind of have a hunch with Calvin Borel aboard #5 Banker's Choice. To be truthful, I am disappointed in the 9-2 morning line, I really thought I would get a better price on a horse that has not won a race since last October. However, we will press ahead and also use #1 Excelente, #2 The Best Day Ever, #9 Keertana, and #10 Prytania in the pick three Saturday.

So, for those of you scoring at home, here is the pick three play on the last three races at Churchill Downs on Saturday:

$1 PK3: 2-3-6-8-9 with 3 with 1-2-5-9-10
TOTAL- $25

As always, we remind you that They Are Off does not accept any responsibility for any wagers made in conjunction with these suggestions. They are just that... suggestions. Tune in again on Monday for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone... GOODBYE!

No comments: