Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Martha And McGovern

Ann McGovern was part of the excellent management team at Sam Houston Race Park when I was hired as the track announcer there in 1997. Martha Claussen (a frequent contributor to this blog) was my direct supervisor at Sam Houston Race Park for twelve years. It seems only natural that the two of them should get together for a retrospective of McGovern's career with her decision to leave her current post at Ruidoso Downs at the conclusion of the current meet. Here is a link to the story from the Paulick Report:

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/good-news-friday-sponsored-by-liberation-farm-celebrating-mcgovern/

I would also like to add my personal well wishes to Ann in whatever she elects to do in the future and offer a sincere thank you to her for her part in starting my announcing career. Tune in tomorrow for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone... GOODBYE!

No comments: