Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So How'd It Go?

First of all, I would like to thank Martha Claussen of SureBet Racing News for her contributions to the blog and her Breeders' Cup picks on both the Friday and Saturday programs. We both recorded some success over the course of the two days and it was a lot of fun for me personally to once again go heads-up with my old Sam Houston Race Park rival.

Friday was the more profitable day of the two for yours truly. After a slow start that included Tapitsfly winning (a horse I liked but thought the price would plummet on), which might have started a poor trend, things picked up with She Be Wild's win. I would end Friday by hitting the last four exactas and the last two pick threes of the day. I did have some win money on Life Is Sweet at her nice price as well.

Saturday again started slow, but the real crusher for me was the Sprint. Had Cost Of Freedom held on to win that race, the dynamic of what was about to happen would have changed significantly. First of all, I would have had the exacta in the Sprint and with either longshot that finished first or second, that would have made a tidy total. When Vale Of York (my top pick) won the Juvenile, it created a slight tinge of regret since Goldikova's lock victory was next and that pick three of Cost Of Freedom, Vale Of York, and Goldikova would have made Friday's winnings look like chump change. However, I did have win money on Vale Of York and the Vale Of York-Lookin At Lucky exacta as well. I hit a couple of more exactas the rest of the way.

Overall, I ended the two day Breeders' Cup making a nice profit and enjoying my most successful Breeders' Cup in some time.

Tune in tomorrow for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone... GOODBYE!

No comments: