Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Admission

You know, I like to consider myself a professional handicapper. For many years, I have written a tip sheet for the track I work for and also done the morning-line there. Since I work at the track, I really try not to bet too often. It just wouldn't do to just turn my paychecks back to my employer to wager since I have things like rent, car payment, phone, electricity, and other basic expenses I need to live. For that reason, my biggest hit ever has been a $565 pick-three in the summer of 2008.

However, we have a new record-high after Derby weekend. I had the exacta of 8-16 in the Kentucky Derby and cashed a new topper of $2,075. You might ask how I hit that crazy exacta of Mine That Bird and Pioneerof The Nile. Well, I could go into a long dissertation as to how I am a professional and analyzed all the information and came up with the wager that moved to #1 on my personal list, but I won't.

I was born on August 16, 1970. Also, known as 8-16-70. Since there is no #70 in the Derby, I did a birthday bet of 8-16 as an exacta box. Just that simple. Sometimes, folks, it is just your day and I guess that Saturday was mine.

Tune in tomorrow for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone...GOODBYE!

1 comment:

James said...

Guess I'll have to box the 5-7 in the Preakness, eh?