Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Boomer

For those of you who sample the links portion of this blog every so often, you will notice that one of the links on this page takes you to the website of Greg "Boomer" Wry. He is the track announcer at Yavapai Downs in Prescott, Arizona and so much more there as well. Actually, you don't need me to tell you that, you can read it for yourself in the latest version of SureBet Racing News. Here is the link: http://www.surebetracingnews.com/Newspaper_pdf/SureBet_7-6.pdf.

The story on Boomer, written by John Gonzales, is on pages 9 and 10 of the issue. Boomer is one of my good friends in the racing industry. He first contacted me in 2001 when I first went to Turf Paradise as a late-season substitute for Luke Kruytbosch there. He called me while I was there to complement me on the job I was doing and we have been in contact ever since. As a matter of fact, I owe him a debt of gratitude for helping me out with a recommendation to Greg Hosch and the good folks at Lincoln Race Course for the summer part of my schedule.

Tune in tomorrow for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone... GOODBYE!

No comments: