Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Congratulations!

I would like to take a moment to offer some congratulations to a pair of friends of mine who have gotten new jobs within the horse racing industry. First of all, congratulations to Tom Harris of Retama Park, who will be my successor at Sam Houston Race Park as the race caller there. Tom does an excellent job in San Antonio and will certainly bring his own unique sound to the Houston racing scene and I look forward to listening to his work there. Secondly, Jim Mulvihill has been named manager of communications and pari-mutuel marketing at Fair Grounds in New Orleans. I became acquainted with Jim during his time in the press box at Lone Star Park and later during his time in Houston as a frequent visitor and observer at Sam Houston Race Park. I am sure he will do a tremendous job for the fine folks in New Orleans.

Congratulations, gentlemen, on both of your recent appointments.

Tune in tomorrow for more from They Are Off. For right now, I am Gone... GOODBYE!

1 comment:

Jimbo said...

Thanks, Michael! I hope all's well at Turf and that you're enjoying being back in Phoenix at long last!